Jean P. O’Grady is currently Sr. Director of Information, Research & Knowledge at DLA Piper US, LLP. She has over 30 years of experience developing strategic information initiatives for Am Law 100 law firms. She holds a J.D. from Fordham University School of Law, an M.L.S. from St. John’s University and a B.A. in History from Fordham University She is a member of the NY State Bar. She has previously held Director positions at WilmerHale in DC and Shea & Gould in NY. She began her career as a reference librarian at the Pace University School of Law. She has been an adjunct faculty member at the graduate schools of Library and Information Science at St. John’s University and Long Island University where she taught legal research courses.
2013-14 Chair of the Private Law Libraries Section of the American Association of Law Libraries and a past President of the Law Library Association of Greater New York. She is an incoming Board Member of the American Association of Law Libraries ( 2017- 2019). Board Member, New York Law Institute (2015-2018.)
She is a frequent author and speaker on the transformation of libraries and information centers, digital contract licensing , knowledge management, and the legal publishing industry. She has spoken at programs sponsored by the Information Industry Association, the Association of Newsletter Publishers, Practicing Law Institute, International Legal Technology Association , West Publishing, Price Waterhouse, LegalTech, Lexis-Nexis. Janders Dean Knowledge Management Conference, American Association of Law Schools. as well as AALL, Canadian Association of Law Libraries, Australian Law Libraries Association and the Special Libraries Association.
In 2011 she launched “Dewey B Strategic” to promote awareness of the strategic importance of librarians, libraries and knowledge managers as change agents and innovators in the organizations they support. She has written provocative pieces on a variety of law firm management, publishing and technology issues which have sparked important debates in the industry.
- 2011 named to the FastCase 50 top legal innovators.
- Dewey B Strategic named to the ABA Magazine Blawg 100 in 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015. 2016.
- Inducted in the Blawg 100 Hall of Fame 2016
- 2013 Elected to the Board of Directors of the New York Law Institute
- 2104 Inducted as a Fellow in the College of Law Practice Management. Fellows of the College are distinguished law practice management professionals who represent law firms, educational institutions, professional associations and other organizations that contribute to excellence in law practice management.
- Co-Chair of the ABA, Law Practice Management, Knowledge Strategy Committee 2015-16
- 2016: Named an ABA Magazine “Legal Rebel”
- 2016: AALL Presidential Certificate of Appreciation