I will be moderating a hot topic program at the Special Libraries Association Annual Conference in Cleveland. The Event is sponsored by Lucidea. Don’t Just Be Integral: Be Aligned.
Building on the themes drawn out during last year’s successful Lucidea-sponsored session, “Don’t Just Be Integrated, Be Integral”, we will present the next in our SLA Hot Topics series on special library sustainability, during which we’ll explore what a special librarian’s mission truly is, and why it encompasses even more than skills, experience, services and approach. The path to success and sustainability includes applying your tools and skills in support of the top-level mission and goals—and adapting the library’s services and deliverables so you’re always aligned with what’s most important to senior leadership.
Time: Monday, June 17, 2019. 9:00am – 10:30am
- How do you prioritize and delegate projects based on alignment?
- What are some strategies for partnering and leveraging other departments?
- How do you practice alignment without guilt?
- Moderator: Jean O`Grady, Director of Research and Knowledge Services. DLA Piper
- Cindy Moon-Barna, Director, CASE Library. C.A.S.E.
- Karen MQuillen, Executive Director, Connect. ETS
- Annette L. Demers, Law Librarian. University of Windsor Faculty of Law
The program will be followed by a panelist Q&A in the afternoon.