There were just over 20 respondents but the report is positioned as providing anecdotal evidence of industry trends from the point of view of CIOs and other technology specialists.
- 89% said their IT operating budgets were holding steady or rising.
- More than 60% are using document automation
- 20% are using virtual assistance and chat bots
- More than 90% of respondents have a cyber liability policy
- Fewer than 10% said they had a data breach in the past year.
- 75% said they had a dedicated technology expert to support automation of core in-house workflows.
- AI is being used primarily for legal research 86% and contract review and negotiation 48%
- Only 32% of the respondents have a minimum hourly CLE requirement Lawyers to gain technical competencies.