Everyone welcome’s a crystal ball. The second anniversary of the pandemic lockdowns is only a few months away. Law firms which had been resisting remote staffing trends adapted to the virtual workplace overnight. The urgency of D&I initiatives moved to the forefront. Entire new subspecialties emerged in legal practice. The Bloomberg Law 2022 Series explores the multiple ongoing impacts of the pandemic across the business and practice of law impacting: Litigation, Transactions & Contracts, Regulatory & Compliance, and The Future of the Legal Industry. There is something for everyone in the 25 studies included in the series. Topics include Return to office (RTO), diversity and Inclusion, cybersecurity, SPACs, privacy, In-house counsel, COVID. Kristyn Hyland, Director, Analysis, Bloomberg Law is quoted in the press release: “With Bloomberg Law 2022, our analysts provide expert perspectives and insights as they preview what legal professionals can expect in the next 12 months.”
Here is a taste of the specific titles many offer prognostications but others pose challenging questions:
- No Longer Unforeseeable? Force Majeure and Covid-19
- Five Battles to Watch as Workers Return to the Office
- Will History or Regulators Come for Tech Giants First?
- Is Data Security a New Antitrust Shield?
- ESG, SPACs, and Proxies—A 2022 Forecast for SEC Action
- Dealing With Data? New Contract Obligations Are Coming
- Law Firm Diversity–How It’s Going, and a Way Forward
- Can Relational Contracts Remove Supply Chain Rigidity?
- #Trending in 2022 for In-House Legal Departments
- Let Decency Guide the Legal Field’s Return to Office
Here is the press release:
BLOOMBERG LAW 2022 SERIES EXPLORES KEY LEGAL TRENDS THAT WILL SHAPE THE YEAR TO COME
Arlington, Va. (November 1, 2021) — Bloomberg Law today announced the availability of its Bloomberg Law 2022 series, its exploration of key issues across four major topic areas – Litigation, Transactions & Contracts, Regulatory & Compliance, and The Future of the Legal Industry – that will shape the legal market in the coming year. The full series, which is issued annually and features 25 articles from Bloomberg Law’s team of legal analysts, is available on a complimentary basis at http://onb-law.com/tXw850GAeS4.
Topic area coverage includes:
- Litigation: Developments that will shape the course of litigation in 2022 are examined, ranging from Covid-related employment and contractual issues to emerging trends in antitrust cases and bankruptcy filings.
- Regulatory & Compliance: Learn how a heightened enforcement environment will impact everything from return-to-office mandates to privacy and tech industry regulation to potential actions by the SEC and Congress on cryptocurrency.
- Transactions & Contracts: Take a look at the forces shaping the transactional landscape and key markets of interest, from trends in M&A and IPOs to the nuanced impacts of new data security laws on contract language.
- The Future of the Legal Industry: Hot topics such as diversity & inclusion and attorney well-being and the rapidly expanding areas of law such as legal operations and litigation finance are analyzed.
“The changes to the legal market in the past year have been profound and deeply impacted by the ongoing pandemic, the new administration and Congress, and a heightened focus on attorney well-being and diversity & inclusion,” said Kristyn Hyland, Director, Analysis, Bloomberg Law. “With Bloomberg Law 2022, our analysts provide expert perspectives and insights as they preview what legal professionals can expect in the next 12 months.”
About Bloomberg Law
Bloomberg Law combines the latest in legal technology with workflow tools, comprehensive primary and secondary sources, trusted news, expert analysis, and business intelligence Our deep expertise and commitment to innovation provide a competitive edge to help improve attorney productivity and efficiency. Bloomberg Law is the only legal research provider to include continuous enhancements to its platform at no cost to existing subscribers. For more information, visit pro.bloomberglaw.com.