The Private Law Libraries Summit, now in its fourth year, continues as a vehicle for examining the impact and opportunities presented by change. Last year, we looked at changes in the business and practice of law and envisioned what those changes mean for the future. This year, we explore how to take charge, shaping ourselves as well as the services we provide to meet these new world demands. In the morning, a keynote address designed to get our creative juices flowing will be followed by a panel discussion addressing librarian roles: how do we identify, adopt and promote the roles that add value to our organizations? How do we brand ourselves as the owners of more than books and online contracts? In the afternoon, interactive breakout sessions will investigate the practical aspects of social media, the art of selling and the user experience. Participants will be better able to shape their success by defining the roles and developing the services that add value to our organizations.
Now on to the top 10 value propositions for attending….
10. Escape the brutal July heat and spend time in “cool” and beautiful Seattle, Washington.
9. Attend the destined-to-be amazing Bloomberg/BNA Welcome Reception on Friday evening.
8. Grants are available to attend the Summit! Stay tuned to the Summit blog for more information.
7. Networking, networking, networking!
6. Opportunity to attend two out of three interactive afternoon workshops/programs.
5. Get practical advice on leveraging social media to enhance your role and services.
4. Get useful tips on increasing yourresource utilization and library traffic by enhancing user experience.
3. Uncover awesome techniques for selling management on your latest ideas for enhancing library services.
2. Hear from an amazing lineup of well-known and influential keynote, luncheon and educational program speakers.
And the number 1 reason….
You will leave armed with tips on how to take charge and shape your success as a provider of information that meets the new world demands you are facing in fresh and innovative ways!
Visit the PLL Summit Blog to get more information, or apply for a grant to attend the Summit. Click here to register for the conference. Please note that it is a pre-conference of AALL and you must check the appropriate box on the annual meeting form to register for the Summit.
In order to provide access to a wide audience, we have secured a venue that can accommodate up to 300 attendees. We encourage members to register early so they can be a part of this invaluable one-day conference.
Thank-you to our generous sponsors: Bloomberg Law/Bloomberg BNA, Thomson Reuters, Wolters Kluwer Law & Business, and LexisNexis.