And they also released 2 New Newsletters in the Wolters Kluwer Daily Reporting Suite
Today’s release expands suite of current awareness products which are focused on the “hottest” and most complex practices. The Daily Reporting Suite now includes: Antitrust, Securities Regulation, Health Law, Employment Law and Intellectual Property, Banking and Finance and Products Liability.
The Press release quotes WK Legal Market Leader Robert Lemmond:
Suite has been extremely positive and we are pleased to be expanding the topics
to include the key areas of product liability, insurance and banking and
finance. Legal professionals consistently tell us they need a reliable news
source to keep them fully briefed on breaking legal news, court decisions, and
legislative and regulatory developments that impact every aspect of their
practice. At Wolters Kluwer, our team of
attorney-editors have enabled us to expand our Daily Reporting Suite and continue
to make the critical challenge of staying up-to-date with relevant cases,
statutory changes and new rulemakings a much faster and
more streamlined process.”
The Content. These daily news services will deliver breaking news from both the federal and state level, the latest rulemaking and updates on litigation as well as a complete summary of the daily legal news. legislative and regulatory activity and highlights of state agency enforcement activity.Access to all links to cases, state laws and regulations,and other primary source documents.
Banking and Finance will cover all of the hot issues of interest:
Bank Secrecy Act , Volker Rule,Capital and Basel Accords, UDAAP,Consumer Financial Protection Bureau ,Truth in Lending, Dodd Frank Act, Securities and Derivatives Enforcement Actions, Equal Credit Opportunity, RESPA, Fair Credit Reporting, Identity Theft, Mergers and Acquisitions, The Federal Reserve Board
Products Liability Law Coverage includes:
- Full summaries of products liability decisions issued by federal and state supreme, appellate, and district courts, including the presiding judges and names of the attorneys representing the parties
- Consumer Product Safety Commission and National Highway Traffic Safety Administration regulatory and administrative developments, product recalls, agency enforcement activities, and more
- Access to all links to cases, Federal Register Issuances and other primary documents
- Federal consumer product safety legislative activity
Products Liability Law Daily Topics include:
Mobility Rules The products will be delivered via email, RSS feed, and mobile apps for iPad, iPhone, Blackberry, and Android.
Here are the standard Daily Report features:
- Daily email summaries written by knowledgeable attorneys and industry experts with links to the full text of any new cases, regulatory or statutory developments, and breaking news
- Seamless access to information from ANY mobile device without being prompted for logins/passwords. Other legal news services require logins creating unnecessary time delays.
- The ability to customize content by topical area and jurisdiction so users can view the content that is the most relevant to them
- Built-in copyright permissions that permit legal professionals to instantly share information with clients or colleagues without having to download or reassemble information.
- Time-saving mobile apps with customizable home page, ability to filter by topic/jurisdiction, note-taking capabilities, favorites folders and email functionality
- A searchable archive on Wolters Kluwer’s proprietary online content delivery platform, IntelliConnect.
Wolters Kluwer continues its assault on the topical legal “newsletter” niche which has been dominated by Bloomberg BNA and Law 360. However WK seems to have an edge in customization of both content and delivery. They are remain ahead of the entire market in advancing policies which allow lawyers to legally “socialize” their content and maximize it’s marketing value for the law firm… which is no small benefit in this fiercely competitive legal market. Time will tell if these distinctions and the quality of the WK proprietary analysis translate into market share.