I have ranked the most popular 15 Dewey S Strategic posts of 2020.It is no surprise to me that posts about the release of specialty COVID resources by major legal publishers dominate – 4 of the 15 stories. My annual “Hits and Misses” survey results were covered in 3 of the 15 top posts. The emergence of new legal news products is also covered in 3 of the top 15 posts. The remaining posts cover new product launches and survey results.
I have also compiled a list of the top 15 posts from the Dewey B Strategic archive which were the most read in 2020. This list appears after the 2020 popular posts list.
The Most Popular Dewey B Strategic Posts of 2020:
- Lexis Rides the “Insight Wave:” Launches Lexis+ with New Look, Brief Analyzer, AI Search, Codes Compare and Loads of New Features
- Legal Publishers Roll Out Covid-19 Resources, Toolkits, Documents, Advice (Some Even Free)
- ALM Launching Legal Radar – Law350 Prepare for Incoming !
- Read It and Weep: Feit Report – Which Major Legal Research Vendor is Plummeting in the Market?
- Hits & Misses Part Two Top Cancellation Candidates: Lexis, Westlaw, Bloomberg Spending Under Scrutiny
- Hits and Misses Readers Choose Best New Analytics, Workflow and Law/Reg Comparison Tools
- Fastcase Brings Down the Legal News Paywall With Relaunch of Law Street Media – Market Disruption to Follow?
- A Major Legal Publisher Adds Local COVID-19 Ordinances and Orders
- FREE and Powerful: Wolters Kluwer Launches Suite of COVID-19 Smart Charts Outside the Paywall.
- Data Wants to be Free (of Platforms) Thomson Reuters Releases APIs for Litigation Analytics and Practical Law
- Hits and Misses Part 3 – Blue J Legal AI Product Tops 2020 “Must Have” List
- Today Lexis+ Launches Lexis Announces Rebrands
- Casetext’s Compose AI Powered Drafting of Briefs and Motions – Lawyers Still Required
- New Covid-19 Resources From Fastcase, PacerPro, Tax Notes and PubK Law. Free Covid Resources From Westlaw and Bloomberg Law
- Westlaw Today – Thomson Reuters Launches a Legal News Platform –Offers AALL Program
Most read stories in 2020 from the Dewey B Strategic Archive:
- Bloomberg Law Returns to Predictable Pricing Model – Enhances Customer Cost Management (July 8, 2019)
- Hits and Misses Part 4: Westlaw Edge — Hit, Miss or Hold Off? Customers Respond – Show me the ROI! (May 1, 2019)
- Bloomberg BNA Announces BIG Name Change Now: Bloomberg Industry Group (Sept. 3,1919)
- 10K Wizard Bites the Dust. Morningstar Directs Customers to Intelligize. Will Intelligize Enter the Workflow Race? (July 3, 2015)
- The Improbable Rise of Law360: What Lawyers Could Learn And Its Not Just the News! ( Aug. 13, 2013)
- “Westlaw Answers” Looks A lot Like AI to Me. Westlaw Releases Major New Features – And It’s All in Your Contract!(Apr. 1, 2016)
- Thomson Reuters to Layoff 3,200 Staff Through 2020, Close Offices and Eliminate Products – Which Legal Products Might Die? (Dec. 5,2018)
- Black’s Law Dictionary 10th Edition: Making Everything Old New Again. Why Legal Dictionaries Still Matter ( May 9, 2014)
- A “Computer” Was Originally a Job Title: The History of Computing Timeline ( Sept. 27, 2012)
- Move over ALM and Law360 – LexBlog is Launching a Legal News Network (Sept 10, 2018)
- Will a Robot Take My Job? Study Predicts Increased Demand for Lawyers and Librarians Through 2030 (Oct. 10, 2017)
- What Do Law Firms Need to Know About Buying Litigation Analytics Products? (July 28,2018)
- Thomson Reuters Launches Westlaw Edge Quick Check Raising the Bar for A.I. DrivenBrief and Citation Insights(July 12, 2019)
- Martindale Hubbell: Another Legal Icon Bites the Dust. But It Was Once Worth Its Weight in Gold (and Held for Ransom)(Jan. 9, 2014)
- The Law Librarians Revolt: AALL Accuses LexisNexis of Engaging in Unfair Business Practices – Possible Antitrust Violations (June 7, 2018)